Software Engineer, Machine Learning
Lumi Labs is an early-stage technology start-up founded by Marissa Mayer and Enrique Muñoz Torres, based in downtown Palo Alto. We are focused on building consumer applications enabled by artificial intelligence.
We are looking for software engineers with strong backgrounds in artificial intelligence and machine learning (PhDs strongly preferred), who thrive in exploring new datasets and ambiguous problem spaces. As a early team member, you should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and enjoy applying your experience to new domains to help find fresh ideas. If finding novel, potentially cutting edge, uses of artificial intelligence on everyday problems sounds interesting to you, please consider applying!
- PhD in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning or a related technical field
- 4+ years of relevant software development experience with one or more of the following: language processing, image processing, pattern recognition, classification, recommendation systems, ranking systems or similar.
- Self-starting scientific thinker who loves to experiment with new datasets and enjoys inventing new solutions in the face of ambiguities. We are defining our product specs through innovation and improvisation from every member of team.
- Solid software development experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, C/C++ or Python
- Solid Machine Learning background, familiar with most machine learning methods and experience working with different types of datasets and varied domains
- Good written and spoken communication skills
- Must be able and willing to lawfully work out of our downtown Palo Alto, California office